Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Well, America...

So apparently, for all your bluster and talk of freedom, you truly do want an actual fascist land?

A conservative country full of cookie-cutter people that all look, dress and think alike?

Where the government uses a standard unit of measure to compare people to, and those that are found 'too different' from that standard are then culled out of existence?

Well, congratulations, America, you're on your way...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703572504575213883276427528.html

I will no longer keep silent.

I will stand up and shout: Not me!

To those that desire power over this Nation: I will never fit your standards. I won't even try. I will accept your hate and your fear, but I will never accept your standards! I wish to live in a world where men (and women) are not judged by their appearance, by their belief (or lack thereof) in a higher power, are not judged by what they legally do behind closed doors, nor who they do it with! Where legal citizens of a country are not deemed to have 'too thick of an accent' and are sent shamefully away from steady employment!

I choose to live in a world where I am not judged.

Where is the America that cried out for Freedom from tyranny and oppression? Where is the America that said, "I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend your right to say it!"? Where is the America that embraced ALL of her people with the warm, tender embrace of a mother? One that takes joy and pride in the variances of her children across the spectrum, and who relishes celebrating the diverse nature of a people! A people who strove to overcome their differences and stand together as one!

Judge me if you must, but I will not bow before you - and no longer will my country!

From the shores of California to the shores of Maine I make a call to arms to this nation! Do not arm yourselves with man-made weapons of metal and powder, but arm yourselves instead with knowledge and passion for change! I know there is a rebel voice in this country crying out somewhere - we must be sensitive to hear it! It's calls out saying, "I will not conform! I will not bend, and I will not break!"

We must use our voices and say, "We will not let our country return to the old ways - We will destroy the root of tyranny that is breeding weeds within our society! Freedom Now!"

No comments: